Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Diaphragm Well Tank Help!!



I have a well here at the house and a pressure tank to make pressure in the home. Well lately after replaceing a check valve at the well...a few weeks later I have had the pump coming on every 10 to 20 seconds whenever water is turned on in the house. I tried to check the pressure at the tank and alot of water shoots out of the air valve...does this mean the tank is shot? can I replce just the bladder inside if this is the problem or do I need a new tank? tyhe tank is a 20 gallon challenger series. model number PC66R. someone told me if i have to replace the tank I should get a bigger one that will cause the pump to work less. will this be better for my home or is the 20 gallon fine?
Thanks for any help!

The top sticky in this forum shows check/set a pressure tank.
Does sound like yours is malfunctioning though.
If its an old type tank with no bladder, then its waterlogged and can probably be set back up. If its a bladder-type of tank, then its shot (bladder has ripped apart etc).
Replacement size depends on your budget and physical space available to mount it. The larger your tank, the less your pump has to start-up.. and the longer your pump life.
The sticky at the top of this forum goes into detail set the air pressure side of the tank (do this before adding water).
Tags: tank, help, pressure tank, check pressure, check pressure tank, sticky this, sticky this forum, this forum, your pump