Monday, March 10, 2014

Maytag Washer Pav2300aww Agitator Came Off



Hi - First time poster, looking for some advice...
During the course of running a load of laundry, I noticed the agitator auger was just free-floating. It actually had come loose from the base, and I cannot seem to snap it back onto the base. It looks as though it has plastic tabs that click together with the base. This looks like it should be a simple fix and not a call-a-repairman job; but, nonetheless, I've not figured it out. Does it sound as though the base or the auger needs to be replaced, or is there something in the connection of these two pieces that I am missing?
Thanks in advance!

Post model # I think on that model the agitator is a 1 piece assy,
Can only be bought as assy. I think there is a bolt that goes through the top and bolts it to the shaft. Top of agitator may pop off and bolt will be there. Can tell more with model #

he did post the mod#
that is a one piece agitator that is held on with one bolt i believe

Here is a breakdown of your agitator
MAYTAG | Model #PAV2300AWW | WASHER | TUB (PAV2300) | SearsPartsDirect.com






Tags: maytag, washer, pav2300aww, agitator